New to Tattoos? Here’s what you can expect on your first visit.
One of the things that we pride ourselves on is being able to give a tattoo experience that makes you feel valued as a customer. You are what makes us successful, and we want to make sure that we fully understand what you want as a customer.
Communication when picking out a design and placement is critical. We want you to feel heard and understood.
We are available through phone, text, email, and Facebook/Instagram Messenger.
Courtney is generally the best person to contact but works closely with Travis for quotes and questions.
We can quote you without consultation if it’s a more straightforward design. However, for more complex designs, we may decide a consult is best for you.
After a design has been selected, we will schedule an appointment.
Currently, we do not require a deposit except for particular circumstances. When scheduling, we will request your number for appointment confirmations and reminders.
Before Your Appointment
Before your appointment, please refrain from drinking alcohol or taking drugs as they thin your blood and can make you bleed more. This makes it challenging to get the tattoo you want.
You will also want to eat a small meal before your appointment, which will help keep your blood sugar up.
Tattoos can tax your body, and we want to ensure you are as comfortable as possible.
We don’t want anyone getting hangry, so we will have snacks for you.
Make sure you’re not sunburned, pregnant, or on medication that may make you bleed more heavily.
If you have diabetes or are on blood thinners, please tell us, and we will instruct you further.
Buy some Dial unscented soap and Aquaphor, so you don’t have to hunt for it after your appointment.
The Day Of
While you’re here, we will confirm the design, draw anything that needs to be drawn, size it up, answer any questions, and put the stencil on.
While the stencil dries, the artist will set up his station using all disposable equipment. Breaks are taken as needed.
What to Bring:
- Your ID if you are 18+. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must be present with their ID.
- Cash or card. We accept Cash, MC/Visa, and Venmo. If you’d like to tip in cash, that is appreciated but not required.
- Friends and family. We are a family-friendly shop and are more than happy to have people wait for you or cheer you on. However, we ask that they not get too close to the artist while they are working. As long as they don’t become a distraction, children are always welcome.
- Your reference material. If you have any inspiration pictures, please bring them along. It’s helpful for the artist to see what you are drawn to.
- An open mind and a good attitude! We want you to enjoy your time here and love your new tattoo!
During Your Appointment
You will be asked to sign a release form stating that you are of legal age (18+) and understand the risks of getting a tattoo.
We will also go over aftercare instructions with you and answer any questions you may have.
We want you to be as comfortable as possible, so please let us know if you need a break or anything.
After your Appointment
You will be given aftercare instructions specific to your tattoo.
Generally, you will want to:
- Wash your tattoo three times a day with unscented soap and warm water.
- Pat it dry (don’t rub) and apply a thin layer of Aquaphor.
- Repeat this process until your tattoo is healed, usually 2-3 weeks.
- Do not pick or scratch your tattoo, which can cause infection and scarring.
- Do not expose your tattoo to the sun or water until it is healed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We want you to love your new tattoo!